Owing to the density of water and high in sugar, honey doesn’t allow the development of bacteria over it. Plus, it curbs the development of microbes because of hydrogen peroxide. We can trace humans and the love for honey back to history.
Besides varying health benefits, honey also possesses certain medicinal benefits like an ointment to heal wounds, the best medicinal alternative for fever and stomach disorders. It helps in the prevention of cancer and heart issues, eliminate ulcers, digestive issues, help maintain blood sugar levels, ease coughing and sore throats, help athletes deliver the best performance.
Calories & Micronutrients in Honey:
- 1 tablespoon of honey= 64 calories + 17 grams of carbs with petite to n o fat, protein, and fibre.
- Micronutrients- potassium, zinc, and iron.
Should You Include Honey in Your Daily Diet?
- Honey is a rich source of antioxidants. Especially, phenolic acids and flavonoids can help deliver quality health. Antioxidants compounds help to reduce the peril of oxidative cell damage. These compounds have an essential role in combating a few chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- Including a superfood like honey in your diet can enhance your overall heart health. Honey helps reduce ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol, augmenting ‘good’ HDL cholesterol. Studies revealed that Honey significantly lowered the triglyceride levels between 16-20%, hence, help maintain systolic blood pressure.
- Ayurveda dictates honey as a crucial herb in healing wounds. Direct application of honey to the skin can assure swift recovery. The antibacterial properties curtail microorganisms formation which otherwise could cause infection. Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, and herpes are avertable using honey.
- Honey is the best alternative to your refined sugar.
Conclusion: Being an irreplaceable substance from the mother nature, honey has varying uses. Be it a comprehensive medicine, a safe and sound home remedy, cosmetic, or a nutrient that is accessible and beneficial to people of all ages, honey deserves a spot in your kitchen.
The honey in grocery stores is pasteurized. Constant high heating destroys unfavourable yeast, enhance the colour and texture, eliminate any crystallization, leading to an extended shelf-life. The end product is honey lacking beneficial nutritional value.
If you desire the best and purest form of honey, try the one delivered by Healthy roots- the freshness of nature served to your platter! A perfect blend of a healthy powerhouse is extremely effective than unhealthy sweeteners