Kashmiri Garlic - A hidden gem from the height of the Himalayas that is an extraordinary superfood!
Bulbous in shape with a pointed end, Kashmiri garlic has a golden-brown husky with white garlic inside.
With a strong pungent odor, this golden brown wonder is known to be 7 times more potent than normal garlic. Yes, that’s right, 7 TIMES. It is the most powerful herb in the world having huge medicinal properties.
It contains the enzymes alliin & alliinase and combine to form the compound allicin when the cloves are minced. Allicin is the compound that gives garlic its pungent smell as well as its health benefits. Besides these benefits, it has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial properties. To garner maximum beneficial properties from the garlic, crush or mince before using.
Benefits o Kashmiri Garlic
Here are some benefits of Kashmiri Garlic
- Boosts Immunity: Kashmiri garlic is rich in antioxidants, which helps strengthen the immune system and protect the body against infections and diseases.
- Keeps heart healthy: Consuming Kashmiri garlic may help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It can also assist in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases by improving blood circulation and preventing the formation of blood clots.
- Relieves intestinal ailments: This garlic is beneficial for those with symptoms of indigestion and acid reflux. It tends to differentiate between the good and bad gut bacteria in the intestine and has an antibacterial effect on harmful electro-bacteria.
- Respiratory Health: The sulfur compounds in Kashmiri garlic may assist in relieving respiratory problems, such as coughs, colds, and asthma. It can also help in clearing congestion and reducing symptoms of respiratory infections.
- Stabilizes blood sugar: The presence of allicin & vitamin B in Kashmiri garlic helps to trigger the pancreas to generate insulin in the body. Regular consumption of this garlic keeps diabetes at bay.