In 2020, the COVID-19 epidemic completely disrupted our way of life. We were all concerned about both our own and our loved ones' health.
Maintaining our diet during those difficult times became quite difficult. But now that we're in a similar scenario once more, it's crucial to prioritize clean eating in order to maintain our mental and physical health.
What is Clean Eating?
Clean eating is choosing complete, minimally processed foods that are high in nutrients rather than ones that are labeled as clean or dirty.
How can you incorporate it in your daily routine?
- Avoid processed foods: because they frequently contain excess sugar, salt, and bad fats. Instead, try to eat as many whole, unprocessed foods as you can to reduce your intake of these dangerous substances. To avoid hidden sugars, artificial flavours, colours, and bad fats, carefully read the labels of packaged foods before purchasing them. Making healthier decisions might be aided by being aware of the ingredients.
- Select Whole Foods: Go for fresh produce, whole grains, lean proteins, almonds, seeds, and fresh fruits and vegetables. These healthy foods are nutrient-rich and can help our general health.
- Limit Added Sugars: Try to cut back on added sugars by staying away from sweetened beverages, candies, and sweets. Pick entire fruits as an alternative natural sweetener.
- Limit Your Salt Consumption: Too much salt can lead to health issues like high blood pressure. To limit your salt intake, choose low-sodium foods and refrain from adding more salt to your meals.
- Drink a lot of water: Hydration is essential for good health in general. Water is the best beverage to consume throughout the day. Sugary beverages might cause your diet to contain more empty calories.
We may take efforts to improve our health and wellbeing by prioritizing clean eating and making these simple changes to our food preferences, especially during trying times like these. Let's take charge of our eating habits and fill our bellies with healthy foods that promote our wellbeing from the inside out.